Growing up, Winnie the Pooh was one of my favorite characters on TV.
The lovable bear and his pals had plenty of adventures in the Hundred Acre Wood that taught children life lessons that they would remember for the rest of their lives.
One of the most poignant ways both the book series and television show demonstrated its brilliance was through powerful quotes, which also spoke to the parents watching or reading along as well.
While there has been some surprising claims and a controversial analysis surrounding Pooh Bear and his friends, it doesn't take away from the meaningful words A.A. Milne originally wrote for his son, before sharing his classic tales with the silly old bear's millions of fans.
If you're having a bad day, or need some extra reassurance that you'll be able to persevere when you're stuck in a difficult situation, here are 29 quotes that'll give you comfort during any situation in your life.
Quotes to get you through the day
1. On having perseverance: "Rivers know this: there is no hurry. We shall get there some day."
2. On breaking out of your comfort zone: “You can't stay in your corner of the Forest waiting for others to come to you. You have to go to them sometimes.”
3. On believing in yourself: "Promise me you’ll always remember: You’re braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."
4. On kindness: "Just because an animal is large, it doesn’t mean he doesn’t want kindness; however big Tigger seems to be, remember that he wants as much kindness as Roo."
5. On being considerate: "A little consideration, a little thought for others, makes all the difference."
6. On taking time for yourself: "Don’t underestimate the value of doing nothing, of just going along, listening to all the things you can’t hear, and not bothering."
7. On patience: "If the person you are talking to doesn’t appear to be listening, be patient. It may simply be that he has a small piece of fluff in his ear."
8. On anxious feelings: "'Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?'
'Supposing it didn’t,' said Pooh after careful thought. Piglet was comforted by this."
Quotes about love and friendship
9. On friendship: "A day without a friend is like a pot without a single drop of honey left inside."
10. On affection: "Some people care too much. I think it’s called love."
11. On missing your friends: "'I wonder what Piglet is doing,' thought Pooh. 'I wish I were there to be doing it, too.'”
12. On the importance of simplicity: "It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn’t use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like, 'What about lunch?'"
13. On sticking to your word: "'We'll be friends forever, won't we Pooh?' Piglet asked.
'Even longer.' Pooh answered."
14. On having someone to connect with: "I’ve found somebody just like me. I thought I was the only one of them."
On selflessness: "Love is taking a few steps backward maybe even more… to give way to the happiness of the person you love."
15. On love: "'How do you spell love?' Piglet asked.
'You don’t spell it… you feel it,' Pooh replied."
16. On being there for your loved ones: "'I don’t feel very much like Pooh today,' said Pooh.
'There there,' said Piglet. 'I’ll bring you tea and honey until you do.'"
Quotes about living your best life
17. On being true to yourself: "The things that make me different are the things that make me."
18. On clearing your mind: "Don’t underestimate the value of doing nothing, of just going along, listening to all the things you can’t hear, and not bothering."
19. On body positivity: "It’s not much of a tail, but I’m sort of attached to it."
20. On keeping perspective: "'When you wake up in the morning, Pooh,' said Piglet at last, 'what's the first thing you say to yourself?'
'What's for breakfast?' said Pooh. 'What do you say, Piglet?'
'I say, I wonder what's going to happen exciting today?' said Piglet.
Pooh nodded thoughtfully. 'It's the same thing,' he said."
21. On appreciating the little things: "'Sometimes,' said Pooh, 'the smallest things take up the most room in your heart.'"
22. On living in the moment: "'What day is it?'
'It’s today,' squeaked Piglet. 'My favorite day,' said Pooh."
23. On being grateful for what you have: "'I might have known,' said Eeyore.
'After all, one can’t complain. I have my friends. Somebody spoke to me only yesterday. And was it last week or the week before that Rabbit bumped into me and said 'Bother!' Always something going on.'"
24. On surprises: "One of the advantages of being disorganized is that one is always having surprising discoveries."
Quotes about saying goodbye
25. On missing a loved one: "How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard."
26. On dreams: "I think we dream so we don’t have to be apart for so long. If we’re in each other’s dreams, we can be together all the time."
27. On keeping a promise: "'Pooh, promise you won’t forget about me, ever. Not even when I’m a hundred.'
Pooh thought for a little. 'How old shall I be then?'
Pooh nodded. 'I promise,' he said."
28. On death: "If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live without you."
29. On being apart: "If there ever comes a day when we can’t be together, keep me in your heart, I’ll stay there forever."
Want to read other insightful quotes that'll inspire you to live your best life? Check out these lists below:
- 12 Quotes From Inspiring Women You Need To Hear
- 12 Inspiring Maya Angelou Quotes That Will Remind You Of The Beauty Of Living
- 15 Quotes From Dr. Seuss That Speak To The Child In All Of Us